Dear people of the world!
Today is the international mother language day and I would like to congratulate everyone who cherishes the existence of their native language.
owadays languages become extinct just like endangered species. Only 6% of the world’s languages are spoken by more than 1 million people, while the remaining 94% are spoken by mere 6% of the world’s population. These figures are changing every day and it is within our power to make these changes less drastic. A language is considered extinct once there are no more native speakers of it. That’s why my appeal to you is as follows: talk to your kids, your family and friends in your native language. This is the simplest thing you can do to preserve our languages and I hope this is not a very difficult task.
Translated by Oleg Volgarev
It is permissible to quote or excerpt from an Erzyaks.ru article;
however, a proper link to the source of the article is mandatory.
Leave a Comment